[ … because the computer simulation
and the video footage of the third tower to come down on 911
do not match. PERIOD.
Scroll down for letter. ]
To: Senator Mike Lee (Utah)
Dr. Steven E. Jones
Professor of Physics, Ret.
1. The key to good science is independent verification.
2. The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
was charged by Congress to explain the complete collapse of WTC 7 on 9/11/2001
(the 47-story building that was not hit by a plane).
3. NIST developed a computer model with adjustable parameters to explain the WTC 7 collapse.
4. I request that this WTC7-fall computer model be released immediately in a computer-ready form
so that independent testing/verification can proceed.
This model was developed using taxpayer funds.
5. In particular, NIST states in their 2008 report,
“The steel was assumed in the FDS model to be thermally-thin, thus, no thermal conductivity was used.”
I challenge that assumption,
and wish to insert into the computer model the known physical value for thermal conductivity,
to see how this changes things.
6. There are now over 1,700 engineers and architects in the AE911Truth.org society,
and I am confident that our combined expertise will permit us to perform the independent verification of the NIST WTC7 computer model,
once that computer simulation is released in full to us,
in computer-ready form.
7. Contact information for NIST:
NIST WTC Investigation Team
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8610
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8610
Phone: (301) 975-6051