Upper Hut City Council is not playing along in this “Traffic Light System” game: they have opened everything up for everyone (except one arts centre). Chris Hipkins’ response? “it was up to each council to decide its own policy.”
This means that this is not law – it is quite clearly in everyone’s head. Everyone is following along because they THINK it’s law. Businesses are playing along because they THINK they’re supposed to. It is the businesses that are tricked into playing cops and enforcing these made-up policies.
Just look at the language that is consistently being used in this article (and all other articles on this subject):
* “An Upper Hutt councillor says he is SHOCKED at his council’s decision not to mandate vaccine pass use at most of its public facilities.”
* “[Chris Hipkins] would have LIKED to have seen Upper Hutt take a more proactive approach.”
* “Councillor Dylan Bentley was NOT IMPRESSED by [Upper Hutt City Council’s] policy.”
* Dylan Bentley said, “I would have LIKE to have seen more widespread usage of the passes…”
* Wellington City Council’s website states: “It will be legally required to provide a Covid vaccine pass to enter places that have vaccination requirements in place. The draft policy currently RECOMMENDS council facilities including libraries, gyms, pools, recreation centres, community centres, service centre and some sports facilities require a Covid vaccination passport for entry.”
Notice how the only time they use the word “legally” is when referring to places that have CHOSEN to ask for a vaccine pass to enter their premises, but when it comes to which places are required to do so, they use the word “recommends,” rather than “legally required.” Not a single type of business or facility on that list is REQUIRED BY LAW to play along.
The confusion and vagueness surrounding this new “Traffic Lights System” is clearly a deliberate attempt to confuse the average citizen so they won’t realise that it’s not actual law. This way the average citizen is the one making up the policies and enforcing them. This is how the powers that be keep their hands clean when it comes to actual law should they ever be put on trial. Their defence will be, “But we only provided recommendations. It was the individual citizens that are responsible for putting them into practice.”
The Mindful Coach
Mindfulness, Resilience, EQ
Martin comments: The despicable Christchurch City Council has willingly and enthusiastically played along with the mandate deception, and has so far been the only significant impediment to my family’s freedoms. Sadly it is the young ones who have been impacted. I understand the Rangiora Council has chosen not to mandate it’s recreational facilities so they will get our patronage.
Message to the Christchurch City Council:
I AM YOUR EMPLOYER VIA MY RATES! I SAW OUR RECREATIONAL FACILITIES DESTROYED BY EARTHQUAKE, HELPED DIG OUT THE LIQUEFACTION, PETITIONED TO HAVE THOSE FACILITIES REBUILT, AND NOW YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO BAN MY CHILDREN FROM ENTRY. WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW. SEGRAGATION, DISCRIMINATION AND DIVISION ALWAYS FAIL, AND THOSE WHO EMBRACE IT WILL GO DOWN WITH THE SHIP.